Forum Discussion

Harvey_DV
New Contributor II
3 years ago
Solved

Streaming live TV on one of my PC cuts out time and over again!

I like watching some of the TV shows (CNBC, Fox Business etc... ) while working at my desk. I purchased a Dell desktop PC for that specific purpose and The PC perform flawlessly. I have the contour router provided by Cox and use WiFi to connect the PC were I watch TV. The programs I want to watch keeps on cutting out randomly, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for several minutes or more. I did clear the cache as suggested several time to no avail. This a very annoying issue and I'd like to find the solution. Other than this, my internet connection is working great, download and upload tests are good, TV reception is good too. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

• Dual band adapter installed and Voila! Problem fixed. Thanks Allan.

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Harvey DV

Are you able to hardwire the TV using an ethernet cable just for testing purposes?

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      srock5
      New Contributor

My speed has been cut in half.this not right.

Harvey_DV
      New Contributor II

No, I do not. My setup is a Dell PC with a monitor. According to Cox, I should be able to watch TV on any of my devices. Yes or NO?

Allan
        @Harvet TV, Do you get any error messages when you experience this issue? Also, does it happen on all channels? Lastly, what wifi signal strength is the pc reporting? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Allan
      @Srock5, I know how frustrating slow speeds can be and we want to help. Please send us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of the issue to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.