Forum Discussion

stevicus
New Contributor
5 months ago

Recent blockage of emails from banks

Hello,

I have reason to believe that several emails I regularly receive from Bank of America and Capital One must be blocked somehow.  I have not had any problems up until about mid-December, and then, emails I should be receiving have not been coming through.  I have checked on webmail, and I have checked my spam settings (which I haven't changed recently anyway).  Neither of these sites are on any of my blocked lists - and I can't find anything in the spam folder either.  I have checked with both B of A and Capital One, and they have my correct email on file.

I do use a VPN, although I've never had any trouble before.  However, I also tried turning off the VPN to receive emails, and I'm not getting any from those senders.  

Can someone give me some pointers as to what to check for and where I can find it?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

P.S. I was initially unable to send this message since I tried to verify my email using my Cox email address.  That email was never received, so I switched it to my Gmail address and it worked.

So maybe if someone at Cox would be so kind as to do some checking under the hood and find out what happened to the email Cox should have sent me for verification to this forum, that might give a clue as to what's going on.  Awaiting your response.

Thanks again!

7 Replies

• Hello,

Are you currently receiving any emails at all? Also, I recommend sending an email to yourself from your gmail account to your cox account and see if it goes through. If not, check to see if you receive a error/blocked message.

stevicus
      New Contributor

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your quick response.  As you suggested, I tried sending an email to my Cox email from the gmail account.  It did not go through, and I didn't receive an error or blocked message.

However, I went over to my business email address, sent an email to my Cox address and CC'd my gmail address, and it went through to my gmail, but not to my Cox email.  However, I did receive an error message this time:

Caution! This message was sent from outside your organization.

This is the mail system at host mx.cox.rs.oxcs.net.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
      be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
      delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<stevicus@cox.net>: host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 552 5.2.2
          <stevicus@cox.net> Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is full) (in reply to
          end of DATA command)

So, it's saying that my mailbox is full?  I've had the same account with Cox for nearly 20 years, and have had the same email address.  I've never been told that my email box is full.  Never got any notifications or anything from Cox telling me this.  I didn't even know there was a quota or a limit.

DannyS

If there has been an account change.  This may have changed the storage size of your mailbox.  Here is a link that may prove to be helpful with information regarding this https://www.cox.com/residential/support/cox-email.html.  If we can assist with anything else pertaining to your account.  Please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us with your name with your service address to get started.