Forum Discussion

Hector_Caparros
New Contributor
4 years ago

No valid router list on the Cox.con web

Cox are decide increase the cost of my awesome slow and expensive connection. I’m from Europe and I normally pay $30 for a 600/600 line with taxes, without any download limit.

i understand we are in a diferent country and I need to pay more of the doble for a horrible 150/10 line with a really low download limit.

But the limit for me it’s when Cox increase the cost of my line when I have a permanence agreement with them. And I only can quit the limited router they provide me.

I read very carefully the router list in his web and I find a Arris TG1682 in a good price. I won’t have a better service but i will save some money.

when I arrive to my home and I put my “new” router the system tell me “it’s not compatible”

I review one more time the list and I call to customer service. They tell me this router only works when I rent to them. I spend my time and my money in look the routers and buy one. And COX cannot provide service over the routers they are listed as “compatible”

the person attend me tell me only the routers of Netgear can works good.

I can be sure Cox it’s not the better company. But in my town, unfortunately, we don’t have option. But... really? They publish a list of routers and it’s not valid? 

8 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

The Arris TG1682 is compatible on the Cox network.

Your Arris TG1682 is not compatible.  Why?

Where'd you get it?

Hector_Caparros
      New Contributor

I but in a second hand store. I can not understand why it’s not compatible. 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

The TG1682 is compatible.  Your TG1682 is not compatible because you bought it at a second-hand store.  How'd the TG1682 get into the second-hand store?

The TG1682 has a telephone modem.  Cox controls, issues and accounts for all telephone modems authorized on their network.  Meaning, only Cox can issue an authorized telephone modem on their network.

Cox issued your TG1682 to somebody.  This somebody didn't return this TG1682 to Cox.  This somebody either sold it to the second-hand store or somebody stole it from a customer.

Since Cox can no longer account for this telephone modem Cox blacklisted your modem.

If you want an authorized telephone modem, Cox must issue it to you.

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator

@Hector Caparros

We like to take a look into this please email your full name and address to cox.help@cox.com.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      Hector_Caparros
      New Contributor

I have done so, and they have referred me to the list of compatible modems in which the TG1682 is

I am in awe of the quality of Cox. Third world technology at a cutting edge price.

BenS1
        Former Moderator
        Hi @Hector Caparros,

If you obtained that TG1682 modem from any other place other than a Cox Store or Cox technician, it will not work because it probably was equipment that was not returned to us.

Ben S.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator