Forum Discussion

Campmaster
New Contributor III
12 months ago
Solved

Modem and Router or Modem/Router?

Cox tech came out sez Netgear C7000V2 I have  is not putting out signal, tests show 400% improvement when plug in ethernet cable. So, decision time: 1200 sq ft home, a box Replace Combo Modem/Rou...
    Campmaster
    11 months ago

I put a clock 120v switch on the router power line. It turns off once a day at 2 am for 5 minutes and then back on. I started this 3 days ago and I have had no problems with my "Combo Router" so far. Download speeds from 15-30, Upload 10-15. All day. Amazing. It seems that restarting the router daily solves the issue (for now). No new Modem. No new Router, combined or separate needed. No spending over 3-400$ as suggested by experts. I called Cox and I got them to take the $75 service call off my bill. Very pleasant and quick customer service on the phone. Pretty amazing (much better than all of my past experiences). So,  the "old" Netgear C7000V2 that has been in service 3 + years  is still working just fine in concert with the Harbor Freight timer. If it acts up I'll have the timer turn off and on more frequently. I do appreciate the time that some of the forum experts took in trying to help me solve the issue. Maybe I provided something so disgustingly low tech simple that can be used by others......