Forum Discussion

jaya9581
New Contributor
4 years ago

Losing internet constantly throughout day/night

Hi, we have had issues with our internet going out for 30-60 seconds randomly throughout the day. This applies to wired and wireless devices, they all go out at the same time. This has been happening multiple times every day/night. TV is not affected.Most recent interruption was just before 4:40 PM. This is affecting working from home. We have done multiple resets of the modem through Cox website in addition to cycling our modem and the problem continues. We have had many issues similar to this since we moved in 3 years ago, lasting throughout multiple modems. It will go away for a while then come back. We need this to be fixed.

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Jaya9581. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    kshonak
    New Contributor

I have the same issue and Cod has been unable to help. I would be interested in how you resolve it.

Allan
        @Kshonak, Is this issue happening on all devices in the home or just one? Also what speeds are you currently getting? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    blman
    New Contributor

Having the same issue here as well. I've tried contacting COX but they have not been helpful. The interruptions are random and all my devices lose connection only to have them connect a couple of minutes later. They keep telling me that the modem reports nothing wrong.

Vegas_Vic
      New Contributor

CCSD students going to school online is too much for Cox infrastructure.

Allan
      @Blman, When your devices lose service, are they able to still see the wireless network? Also, does this happen with wired devices? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      StardogSam
      New Contributor

Same here, for over 3 days in Omaha. Slow or no internet and they keep trying to go through their copy and paste checklist. I pay a lot of money for this service and it has been AWFUL the past week. Refund requests, anyone?

mcross1969
        New Contributor

Were in CT so after reading all these comments it seems to be a country wide issue 😢

Allan
      @Mcross19069, Are you experiencing this issue with multiple devices in the home or just one? Also are you able to see the wireless network when this issue happens? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.