Forum Discussion

Bret_Primack
New Contributor
4 years ago

Inconsistent Internet Speeds

I'm paying for the highest tier of service for the internet, Gigablast but my speeds are never consistent and nowhere near the "Up to" figures.

The past month I've called Customer Service many times, and get a different answer from each person I speak with.

When a technician comes to fix it, it works for a day or two, and then goes bad.  The last technical basically told me there was nothing they could do because of the poor wiring in my neighborhood, and because there are so many people on my "node" at once, because of Covid.

But I'm still paying and wondering how a company could treat its customers so poorly.

Sadly, in my neighborhood, a poor one, there are no other ISPs so its either Cox, or paper cup and string.

Just another example of how big corporations serve only the wealthy while the rest of us, must pay the price.

At this point, I have no idea what to do.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • @Bret, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this issue to cox.help@cox.com and we will assist you with this ongoing internet concern. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.