Forum Discussion

ChromeDome
New Contributor II
2 years ago
Solved

for people with connectivity issues, can you please put your general area in your posts? I'm having issues too

I'm having issues ever since APS fixed a bad power cable in our neighborhood exactly 7 days ago. We lost power a couple weeks ago. APS had our neighborhood back up and running within a couple hours I...
    ChromeDome
    2 years ago

Thank you. It seems it got fixed sometime late yesterday.  I don't remember getting dropped later in the day and today it's been great even before the Cox tech got here at noon or so. He saw no errors at the pedestal (whatever it's called) and came and checked out the box on the side of the house. He did disconnect from what he called something like an old Cox phone box (something that requires voltage on the line which is no longer the case) and reterminated the connections. I do wish someone could tell me why it got fixed sometime yesterday. Like, what the the issue and where on the network was it.

I'm now seeing 0% packet loss of 5000 packets, a couple drops but no biggie. This when pinging my node's CMTS/CCAP. I see other people have struggled for months with issues so I'm glad I didn't. It's all good now.

UPDATE: That's right, on Nextdoor someone said they saw Cox trucks working in our neighborhood yesterday, July 19th. I'm guessing the found and fixed the issue.