Forum Discussion

Rita_Nicely
New Contributor
4 years ago

Feedback

I just wanted to express my dissatisfaction with the planning at Cox Communications.  Cox is currently upgrading the lines in my neighborhood.  I can't imagine that this was a spur of the moment decision.   I wish Cox would have alerted me that they were upgrading the lines so that I could have planned to be somewhere else during my work hours.  Due to COVID, I'm currently working from home and my work is reliant on having internet access.  I'm thrilled that Cox is taking their product to the next level, I would just appreciate a heads up that there would be two days of inconsistent service.  

Please consider this for the future.  

2 Replies

• @Rita Nicely, Thanks for the feedback dealing with this concern. Typically, we do email notification and/or door hangers prior to these types of events. I am truly sorry to hear that you did not receive these notifications. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Wouldn't an upgrade be to fiber optic cable?  If so, I'd assume during an upgrade, the techs would leave copper active until the fiber is operational, no?  Unless the techs needed to take the node offline.  I don't know.