Forum Discussion

WiderMouthOpen
Esteemed Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Don't fall for this PayPal scam.

Just giving a warning out to all Cox users that there is a PayPal scam going around right now. Don't fall for it and don't click on ANY of the links in the email. See video for more info.

• I LUV calling those people. I run a virtual machine, windows vista 32 bit, and they take HOURS trying to remote access it, then when they are in, I let them muck it up, and then when I reboot and delete all changes, I ask them for their address so I can send em a check. When they want me to login to my bank, I tell them I have never done it, and it doesn't work anyways.. LOL LOL. I strung one along once for 3 hours. That's 3 hours that he wasn't scamming someone! KITBOGA is my hero, LOL!

35 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

I LUV calling those people. I run a virtual machine, windows vista 32 bit, and they take HOURS trying to remote access it, then when they are in, I let them muck it up, and then when I reboot and delete all changes, I ask them for their address so I can send em a check. When they want me to login to my bank, I tell them I have never done it, and it doesn't work anyways.. LOL LOL. I strung one along once for 3 hours. That's 3 hours that he wasn't scamming someone! KITBOGA is my hero, LOL!

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

I would try myself but the numbers in the email have been disconnected. How dare you make someone use Vista. That was such a horrible OS IMO. ðŸ˜‚

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

I know, but it so darned funny to watch them try to get any desk, ultraviewer, and a HOST of others remote access software working, the ONLY thing that will run is an OLD version of team viewer. I try SOO hard not to laugh at them until I mute the phone.