Forum Discussion

garbomaloy
New Contributor
5 years ago

Data Plan Notifications should be more frequent to prevent overages

I'm sorry if this comes across as rude but if I'm going to be subjected to the clearly unnecessary policy of data caps then Cox should at least have the courtesy to give more frequent notifications for overages. Right now we only receive a data cap at 85% and 100%. Of the 1 TB "allowance" we get every month, 15% of that is a whopping 150 GB. I guess they think that is enough headway for someone to scale back their usage for the month, but that is a huge amount of potential data usage that goes to waste. Unless someone tracks their own data usage carefully, let's say at the router level (which I am definitely going to be doing from now on), then it is really difficult to know when you are approaching the actual 100% limitA notification for data usage at 90% and 95% would be much more bearable for me.

Cox has a monopoly in my area so its not like I can take my business elsewhere (yay Telecommunications act of 1996), but I just wanted to get my frustrations out there.

1 Reply

• @garbomaloy Hi Garbomaloy. I can understand where you're coming from and thank you for your feedback. I will submit your suggestion to the appropriate department to look into. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator