Forum Discussion

Nightowl19
New Contributor
3 years ago

Cox Returned Payment Fee Policy

Where can i find the current policy on the returned payment fee. I can only find a 2019 residential policy on your site that states a $25 fee. However, $30 seems to be the current fee being charged. Also, why does Cox feel the need to charge their customers this fee. If a customer has insufficient funds when making a payment but still corrects and submits a payment on time; whats the issue? I get writting a bad check, but in todays automatic digital world it just seems unethical. I didnt create an expense of money or time on Cox's behalf. This failed transaction is no different than my card being declined at a store. 

Side note, your customer service reps via chat couldn't find your $30 fee policy.

1 Reply

• The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.