Forum Discussion

Rdrolet
New Contributor III
4 months ago
Solved

Cox email to yahoo email transition - MS Outlook phase - final step

Digging into the details here; this can and should be straightforward but this is very important app. My concern is I (and family) have several cox.net accounts and we use pc  MS outlook to manage al...
    4 months ago

Thanks for the reply. First I have not started the transition. The email I received last week was simply letting me know this will be happening. S I haven't done anything with Outlook as yet.

I just want to do this right and not lose anything. I have been reading the cox email and links several times to walk thru the "entire" process. That includes every step to maintain current functionality service. The links incl info from Cox, Yahoo and MS Outlook. The Yahoo and MS links were written for individuals who are setting up "new" Yahoo and Outlook accounts. This is not what this project "transition" is. I applaud Cox for maintaining existing cox credential email and password. But those instructions are for new.

And as you said. We do not want new and we do not want to delete (and delete major information etc.). So auto setup does not work (unless Cox has written some very comprehensive code to recognize existing cox email (and password) and adds yahoo internet account pop+ related settings, and adds new incoming email to existing Outlook folders etc.

I don't think they did write this code. I agree with you as of right now that manual entry is the most likely scenario.

I would like to hear from the Cox implementation team directly. I tried chat yesterday and that did not work.

Do you know what Cox's internet (or transition team) team email is?

Thanks

Richard