Forum Discussion

Anne_I_Thompson
New Contributor
7 years ago

Changes to email format

Does anyone know where a complaint can be emailed to? The changes Cox has made to the webmail format are awful!!! Where do I start . . .

Previously if i went into an email and deleted it I would end up in the next email and could then take action on that one.  Now when I delete an email (from within that email) it puts me back out to the main listing of all the emails so now I have extra steps.  Not only that but when I either delete an email or mark it as spam it "selects" the following email in the lineup.  If i happen to push the wrong button by mistake then that email will get trashed or whatever button it was that I hit.

When I'm composing an email it will bring me some selected options for the "To" portion.  Problem is all my regular folks are not listed. And those that are it will actually show their home address or some such thing so I have no way of knowing if it's going to the correct email address.

I could go on and on.  In just the 2 days now that I've seen this new format it is awful.  Please go back to the old system.  

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Here's another one - moving an email to a folder takes extra steps now.  Argh.

• Hi Anne,

I'm sorry that the transition to the new Cox Email platform hasn't been an easy one. We're working to fix the issue where email is automatically check-marked. Change is challenging. I, too, was at first frustrated that deleting an email (from within that email) takes me back to the Inbox. I solved that by changing my screen view as follows:

Click the "View" drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner of your Inbox. Select Horizontal. This opens a preview pane at the bottom of the screen so you can preview each email. Now when you delete the email displaying in the preview pane, the next email pops into view. You eliminate the time it takes to go back to the Inbox and open a different email. Give this a try and see if it works for you.

Also, I think I can help with the problem you mentioned of composing an email and not knowing if you are using the correct email address. Click on Contacts from the top left menu bar. Choose a contact and click Edit. Correct the first and last name for each contact, and make sure the primary email address you want to use for each person is saved in the Email 1 field. After you have made changes to each contact, click Save at the bottom of the page.

Once all the entries in your Contact List have been edited and saved, it is easy to select the email address you want to use when composing a new email. For example, I have two email addresses saved for my friend Anita Smith. To send her an email, I click Compose and type "Anita" into the "To" field. A pop-up with both of her email addresses is then displayed. I can easily choose which address I want to use. Once you edit each of the entries in your Contact List, I think sending email will be a breeze!
    Jada6130
    New Contributor

I can no longer send email from any of my accounts. This has been going on for well over a week now. 

• Hi Jada6130,

We can investigate this issue and address your concerns. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name and complete address.

MagnumMike
    New Contributor II

As Anne posted, I noticed this issue also, when marking emails for an action, such as "Delete", after taking the action, webmail application leaves a checkmark on the next item in the list that I did not mark. This could potentially cause the deletion of items unintentionally, in my case, a couple of items were marked as "Spam" unintentionally. For the time being, an extra step is needed to unmark the items. I hope this bug is fixed soon.

Chris_B1
    New Contributor

Anne, I agree.  I dislike this new format intensely.  Whoever led Cox's beta field-testing team ought to be demoted.

My questions / issues:

1.  When I am just one of multiple recipients on a broadcast message, how do I reply JUST TO THE SENDER?  If I choose "quick reply", it still sends my response to ALL recipients.  So I see no distinction between "quick reply" and "reply all".  My work around is to compose a NEW email, but I shouldn't have to do that.

Cox - why did you think you had to reinvent "reply" and "reply all"?  The whole world knows those choices.  They have been the subject of humorous commentary for 20 years.  They worked perfectly well in the old format.  Yet Cox has to come up with "quick reply" which doesn't seem to differ from a simple "reply" so what is the intent here?

2.  Again, when I am replying to a multiple-recipient message, how do I SAVE my response when I am not ready to send it? Save button appears on a new composition but not on this REPLY.

3.  I cannot figure out how to send an internet link.  In the old format, simply drag and drop into the text box.  Not now.  It gets dragged to a separate place between Address and Text Body.  I have no problem with that except NONE OF MY CONTACTS CAN OPEN IT.  Same thing if I "Attach" that link - no one can open it.

I WILL DUMP COX INTERNET UNLESS I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO SEND INTERNET LINKS THAT CAN BE OPENED.

This new format may be more robust and secure and all kinds of good things in the background...but the user experience - MY USER EXPERIENCE - is dreadful so far.  Please fix or go back.

Chris B.