Forum Discussion

jimfed67
New Contributor II
7 years ago

BEWARE COX NETWORK COMPROMIZED

EMAIL was recently hacked and COX is, not surprisingly, playing dumb to the whole thing... Their excuse is that since the origin of the hack came from outside of their network, there's nothing that they can do about it.... How about "We're sorry" for starters.... NOPE, nothing! And then sent along instructions on how to change the port numbers to increase security. Pretty insulting to say the least. Rather than have the moderators respond with boilerplate responses, how about forwarding to someone with technical experience???

5 Replies

• Did the hacking include several new email addressees with what looked like computer generated email usernames? This happened to me as well and they are not being truthful about this. 

jimfed67
    New Contributor II

The hacking was used to gain access to my Amazon account....

1.) The perpetrator(s) got hold of my email address (pretty easy) and email account

2.) Perpetrator entered my email address into the username field on Amazon

3.) Chose forgot password on amazon

4.) Amazon sends a temporary code to my email address

5.) Because the perpetrator had access to my email account, they were able to use the code sent to take over my Amazon account.

For some reason, COX has an extremely difficult time understanding the scenario.

The same thing has happened to MULTIPLE people using COX.

COX's silence on the matter is troubling.

jimfed67
    New Contributor II

Crickets.... Guess I'm not surprised that COX isn't willing to own up to a MAJOR security breach... Could you imagine the public backlash?? I mean they just raised rates for their subscribers... Personally, I've subscribed for over 20 years and they have no problems sticking it to us be... it through a rate increase or a shoddy product!

glenny3214
    New Contributor

Don't forget, COx steals people's money, so of course they don't care about hacking, since they are probably the ones who are doing it and making it look like someone else

jimfed67
    New Contributor II

LOL, have you noticed that the forum moderators won't touch the issue with a 10 foot pole.... Typical guilty behavior!