Forum Discussion

Labeledskater
New Contributor
3 years ago

Awful upload speeds for over a year.

For over a year now I have battled with unstable upload speeds, Speeds that will drop to under 0.30mbps but then revert back to normal. It all started after a branch had fallen on and broke the cable line from the pole to our home after cox came out to repair it the problem started happening. Since this time I have had multiple techs out to the house blaming everything from my modem to my router to my homes wiring (all of which have been replaced/upgraded to no avail. after a few months of getting a run around I just gave up. Excepting I would not be able to game properly or stream anymore (losing out on a budding following on twitch). This is my last shot of trying to find a solution that does not involve a tech asking me again if I have tried rebooting my modem. My modem upload power levels seem low and my speed tests can test low or test high just depending on exactly when I run the test. Thank you to anyone that has any idea on how to fix this issue and can give any other information if needed

2 Replies

I2EJECT
    New Contributor

Ive been having the same issue lately. Upload will be around 34 then drop to 0. I also game (Apex Legends) and stream on twitch. I get random ping spike 2-3 times per game sometimes more and start lagging/rubberbanding. Also my voice in discord turns robotic. Happens for 1-3 mins then goes back to normal. I bought a new router/modem and replaced the cables and its still happening. When I contact them they just tell me to restart my modem and send a signal to it. Then tell me everything looks fine on their end

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi @I2EJECT
      I know how exasperating it is to have lag while gaming & streaming. Do you have any modem logs to share? Are there any splitters or amplifiers that are connected to the coaxial that is screwed into the back of your modem?

Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator