Forum Discussion

ChasR
New Contributor II
5 years ago

Arris CM8200

I tried looking up 192.168.100.1 with no results. I started with the IP address of my previous modem which was an ARRIS Surfboard SB6121 . No Luck. I am confused.

All I get is "This site can’t be reached 192.168.100.1 took too long to respond."

192.168.100.1 was the address of the last modem.

The Router is TP-LINK C7 .  I am NOT having a problem with my connections through the modem/router, I am just confused why the address does NOT work.

I use Chrome as my browser.

22 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Mine does the same thing; however, sometimes I can connect.  It's like hit or miss with this modem.

• It is likely the router blocking it as WiderMouthOpen mentioned. I have the same modem and a similar router that will only let me login to the modem status page if hard-wired directly to it.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      ChasR
      New Contributor II

I could get to my previous modem with that address and the current router.  I can ping the address. I just cannot access it with the browsers. Firefox or Chrome.

ChasR
        New Contributor II

I am connected wall to modem to router.  The previous modem information was was available with this setup.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

It's seems your router doesn't recognize your modem at 192.168.100.1.  You can ping the address but I'm curious what device is responding.  It may just be a Cox edge router replying.  Can you trace route to the address?

I think your modem and router need to reestablish their routing table.  I'd disconnect and reboot both and after the modem gets sync'd with Cox, reconnect 'em.  If that doesn't work, try toggling the router to IPv6.

ChasR
      New Contributor II

I checked the router for IPV6 and there is a full set of information under WAN.  The LAN has an address assign type of SLAAC. There is no address.

I forgot how to trace route 192.168.100.1.

Thanks