Forum Discussion

apcsmith
New Contributor
7 years ago

MSNBC App

Pop-up saya "Uh-oh You need to add this channel" blah blah, then app drops out shortly later.  MSNBC is obviously part of my cable package, I wait until the COX logo appears on home screen before selecting live TV, I have recycled app, iPad and router.  IPad is within a few meters of the router.

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi HBD,

What device are you using to access the MSNBC app?

• Hi apcsmith,

Please email my team at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name, and complete address. We can submit a ticket to our Network Apps team to investigate.

apcsmith
    New Contributor

I have forwarded this as requested, but wouldn't it be easier for you to do so within your own company?

• Hi Everyone,

I have duplicated the issues you've described with the MSNBC App. It looks like there is a problem with the authentication process between Cox and the MSNBC App. When accessing the MSNBC App on a mobile device connected to WiFi, the App is not authenticating properly.

I have discovered the following workaround:

1. Disable WiFi on your device.
    2. In the Settings of the MSNBC App, enable “Allow Video Over Cellular”.
    3. In the Settings of the MSNBC App, choose “Sign out of Provider”.
    4. Click YES to confirm sign-out.
    5. In the Settings of the MSNBC App, choose “Sign into Provider”.
    6. Choose Cox from the list of providers.
    7. Enter your Cox Primary User ID and password, and then click Sign In.
    8. You should get a message confirming a successful sign-in.

Click the home menu to take you back to available videos and shows. You should now be able to play any of the videos listed. I’m able to play videos at this point, even after enabling WiFi on my device and disabling “Allow Video Over Cellular”. We’ve escalated this issue and will let you know as soon as we have any updates.