- I don't use contour often. In fact I may have used it only once a few months ago, but now I'm unable to use it at all. When I go the website it seems to not be able to detect my flash player, and states I need update to the latest version. Per Adobe's site I have Flash Player 188.8.131.52 (the latest version) I'm using Chrome on a Win 10 pc, so flash player is automatically updated and enabled. None the less I verified this in the settings: "Allow flash player" is on, "Ask first" is off, and I even addedhttps://watchtv.cox.com to the "Allow" list. I also tried using Microsoft Edge and got the same exact error. I have no issues using either browser on YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, and various other streaming websites. I don't have any add blockers enabled. Anyone have any suggestions I haven't tried yet?Solved
- I recently had cox cable installed, I was ready surprised when I saw thecable boxes they installed. They were the ugliest boxes I have ever seen but I honestly could get past the ugly and very old look of the boxes. The problem is that they reboot all the time, some channels never work and channels I don't have appear on my channel list making it confusing to find out which channels I can look at. I have the Scientific Atlanta CSH824H. I've seen that many people have issues with these boxes, I was just wondering if cox does not have any other more updated box? When I log into my account above the model of my cable box appears another box image which is apparently the Cisco 8742HDC. Can Cox provide that box? Scientific Atlanta - CSH824HSolved
- While watching shows, they lose sound, freeze, lose picture. I can only stop and restart to resume. If I wait, it resumes further on as though it kept playing. It happens over and over, sometimes seconds after resuming. Driving me nuts.... Any fix for this? Tried a restart of system... no good.
- Atleast 2 or 3 times a day I receive an error message when I try and select a channel. It's not a specific channel that is having problems it's all over the place with issues. This is unacceptable. We switched to Cox with the promise of a visa card also and I haven't been able to get any answers about how to get that. I have reset the cable box many times and it solves the issue sometimes but not always. I need yall to correct both of these situations now
- Last week, I spoke to a representative about changing my Cox services. When I asked about cancelling my cable TV, she informed me as of May 7, the signal from my local networks would no longer be available to be received by an over the air antenna. She informed me I would need a cable box after that date if I wanted to watch any kind of television programming. I tried to tell her I thought she was mistaken, but she insisted without cable, I would lose all local channels on May 7. When I asked what the affiliates would do with their huge antennas, she told me the antennas were being used to push the signal underground to the cable boxes. Why are your representatives being trained to tell outright lies in order to scare customers into keeping their service? Accidentally posted in Internet Forum originally.Solved
- I had/have Cox internet and had Dish Network for television and decided to switch everything over to Cox but cannot get a signal to the the Cisco boxes from Cox. First we were informed that a tech never switched the service on at the box outside our home but now that they have done that we still cannot get a signal to the boxes. So I decided to have my husband try and connect one of the boxes to the coax line used for our internet and we get a perfect signal. Has anyone heard of this happening or does anyone anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to what could be causing the issue in the other rooms of our house?? Everything worked fine when Dish was activated. My problem is that we have been dealing with this issue since the end of April and are being charged for cable tv that we have not been able to access. I'm disabled and pretty much confined to bed so letting a tech in to try and figure it out just hasn't been an option as my husband works when a tech could come out. Any insight, suggestions, or ideas to try would be greatly appreciated as I get a different answer/suggestion/potential issue every time I call tech support and obviously none of their ideas have worked. Thanks in advance for your help.
- This Past Sunday 4/10/2016 Madam Secretary Episode: Desperate Remedies Aired. Well because of an overage of another program my DVR only recorded 30 minutes of it. Normally i would go to On Demand and watch it but for some reason it is not showing in the CBS lineup. i have been seriously thinking of cutting the Tv Cord with COX since they seem to Love treating Long term service customers (16 yrs) with less then appropriate service. Does anyone know ANYTHING about why the OnDemand Service in NOT updating Properly?
- For the past month our TBS channel (OKC channel 731) has not worked. The non-HD channel 62 works.. but HD 731 does not. We called the first time about 3 weeks ago.. and after running all of the tests they could not determine what was wrong. We were supposed to have received a call within 24-48 hours and did not. I called again a couple of days ago.. they ran more tests, had us check physical connections etc.. nothing helped. While we were waiting on the testing they were explaining the Contour and home phone bundling they were wanting us to "upgrade" to. By the end of the call, we had not signed up for the additional stuff and there was still no explanation for the missing TBS station. Now, FOX News and CNN are missing as well. Part of me feels like they went "missing" because we didn't sign up for their additional services. But I'm sure that's ridiculous. Has anyone else had this issue? Cox - if you're reading this - is there really no way we can get our channels back? I was told the channels would "definitely return" if we got the new contour box. But I really don't want to feel like I'm paying a ransom.
two complaints Re: does anyone have the same problems with: 1.) COX's Cable Box Filters and 2.) COX's billing methodsI just upgraded to the new cable boxes that Cox is "providing" it's customers. I didn't need a new cable box, or any kind of service or an upgrade of any type , My cable box and my connection worked perfectly until I got home after a trip to a Cox office. My neighbor (i.e. the person renting the place next to me) wanted to add a cable box along with some sports channels for his room, So I accompanied him to our local "Cox" cable store so we can find what was needed to get his cable set up. I wasn't given a choice just a new connection box to replace my working box along with the mini box as an addition for my neighbors room. to make the experience even more fun I was told I have to make a trip of over 5.5 miles home and another 5.5 miles back to return my working cable box or I'd get billed for it. (When a bicycle is your only means of transportation, over eleven extra miles is not, just around the corner) after a verbal run around for close to an hour at the Cox office I go home to find that my working cable box has been disconnected. I have no choice and change to the new "Better" cable box and after trying about 30 times to connect along with multiple calls to Cox for help I was stuck with my working cable box that was disconnected and a new cable box that won't work. I had to get one of the repair men out to find the problem. close to a week with no service, I'm forced to take another day off work to wait for the cable guy to be sent out to me. The cable repair person and his assistant tried everything they could think of over the span of thirty minutes and although I had a really good connection coming through, the box didn't work and after trying another box I was still getting great service in to the cable but the new boxes didn't accept the connection. The repair person followed the cable out of my place and out to a main distribution box to find that the Cox has a digital filter that didn't let the digital service come through so the old box I had worked but the new "better" box couldn't get through until the filter was removed and the signal was free to come into my place. The repair person told me that because it was Cox who made the error and it had nothing to do with me, my connection, my signal or anything else that I could have control over, I wouldn't be charged for the house call but I'm looking at my account online and I'm seeing a $55.00 charge for something Cox did wrong. does anyone know the number to call or do I go to some higher office to get this charge removed from my bill? if anyone has a solution to this dilemma I could use the help, but that's the second and lesser complaint, if you can believe it Although my neighbor leases "#24-A" and I'm in "#24-C" The computer program at the Cox company only has "#24" and even though I see housing complexes with dozens and a few with over a hundred rooms leased out and paying separately, according to the billing programs the computer system I didn't have a choice in adding a person I barely know and his cable charges to my account that has never been late on a bill and has had perfect early payments for over 20 years. Now because of the way COX has it's payment computer programs, the only way my neighbor could get anything for his room was by adding it to my account. because we have the same address. The place is rented and the leases are signed separately as "A" through "D" but the computer program used by Cox only has the address and not the lettering dividing the lease holders or actual mailing addresses so according to the people working in the Archer store in Gainesville, Florida I don't have a choice and have to add him on to my account and what happens if he decides NOT to pay his bill and it's all under my name? I'm 100% sure that Cox is not going to say: "It's OK, we're not going to make you pay for his bills it's all under your name and he doesn't have to sign anything to show it's him that's going to be held responsible but we wont charge you for his share of the bill". if there is a person I can talk to or write to that has the power to change the program used to bill people who would it be and where can this person be found because this computer program has to be upgraded or changed to hold each person responsible for their own bills.
How do I reset my cable boxes without having to call in when the connection reset tool says my Whole Home DVR boxes are not eligible?I have had my whole home DVR maybe a year and every month I personally have to reset my boxes. If I don't, then after about 5 weeks I start missing DVR recordings because it says the recorder isn't available while it is recording only a single show. My most recent miss was the epic season finale of flash that I ended up having to wait over a week to watch before it was actually put on On-Demand, of which of course mostly was spoiled to me by media and other people who got to see it because their DVR system doesn't ***. I can't just unplug it because my home theatre system is built in and not easily accessible. When I call to talk to someone they say to use the online tool but it doesn't work for me because it says my equipment is not eligible for a cable box refresh. My only option is to call and go through all the phone prompts to do it and that is a pain. It is so frustrating to have a new system and be told that I should be able to use the online reset tool but not be told why it does not work for me. Why won't it work? How can I get it fixed? The last time I spoke to Cox about this was 3 months ago and I was told they were sending it to their internet website people saying it was an issue with the website. But at the same time I went over to a friend and had him do it for his stuff and it worked perfect. Since then I have not got any information from Cox and it is just very discouraging. Anyone else have this problem?