- Atleast 2 or 3 times a day I receive an error message when I try and select a channel. It's not a specific channel that is having problems it's all over the place with issues. This is unacceptable. We switched to Cox with the promise of a visa card also and I haven't been able to get any answers about how to get that. I have reset the cable box many times and it solves the issue sometimes but not always. I need yall to correct both of these situations now
- For the past month our TBS channel (OKC channel 731) has not worked. The non-HD channel 62 works.. but HD 731 does not. We called the first time about 3 weeks ago.. and after running all of the tests they could not determine what was wrong. We were supposed to have received a call within 24-48 hours and did not. I called again a couple of days ago.. they ran more tests, had us check physical connections etc.. nothing helped. While we were waiting on the testing they were explaining the Contour and home phone bundling they were wanting us to "upgrade" to. By the end of the call, we had not signed up for the additional stuff and there was still no explanation for the missing TBS station. Now, FOX News and CNN are missing as well. Part of me feels like they went "missing" because we didn't sign up for their additional services. But I'm sure that's ridiculous. Has anyone else had this issue? Cox - if you're reading this - is there really no way we can get our channels back? I was told the channels would "definitely return" if we got the new contour box. But I really don't want to feel like I'm paying a ransom.
How do I reset my cable boxes without having to call in when the connection reset tool says my Whole Home DVR boxes are not eligible?I have had my whole home DVR maybe a year and every month I personally have to reset my boxes. If I don't, then after about 5 weeks I start missing DVR recordings because it says the recorder isn't available while it is recording only a single show. My most recent miss was the epic season finale of flash that I ended up having to wait over a week to watch before it was actually put on On-Demand, of which of course mostly was spoiled to me by media and other people who got to see it because their DVR system doesn't ***. I can't just unplug it because my home theatre system is built in and not easily accessible. When I call to talk to someone they say to use the online tool but it doesn't work for me because it says my equipment is not eligible for a cable box refresh. My only option is to call and go through all the phone prompts to do it and that is a pain. It is so frustrating to have a new system and be told that I should be able to use the online reset tool but not be told why it does not work for me. Why won't it work? How can I get it fixed? The last time I spoke to Cox about this was 3 months ago and I was told they were sending it to their internet website people saying it was an issue with the website. But at the same time I went over to a friend and had him do it for his stuff and it worked perfect. Since then I have not got any information from Cox and it is just very discouraging. Anyone else have this problem?
- I currently have the Motorola DCX3400-M DVR and it appears to be slowly deteriorating over time. There are times when we watch OnDemand programming and the DVR locks up, the only way around this is for us to reboot the box. A few of our channels have broken audio on the HD channel but the same SD channel audio is fine. When changing channels using the remote, the DVR stops responding. The display on the DVR reacts properly to us pushing buttons on the remote, but the channels will not change. When the box finally reacts, it will fly about 5 channels in either direction. When watching recorded programming, we attempt to fast forward through commercials, but when the commercial is over, the program will not react properly to our button pushes. The DVR display, again, reacts properly to our button pushes but will not play and ends up fast forwarding completely through what we have recorded or far enough that we need to rewind and hopefully not have the same problem again. I know these are all minor problems, but I was just wondering if this is something that would rate a replacement cable box? Each of these problems are not a hard failure, but occur very randomly.
- If anyone else has the pleasure of having their Cox TV Guide read as if they've been translated from English into Spanish, then back into English, PLEASE do us the pleasure of posting your screen shots. Some of these show titles and descriptions are HILARIOUS! Thanks for the bang up job, Cox. Always good for a laugh! http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/o-t-lounge/anybodys-cox-cable-guide-messed-up/66023190/ http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/o-t-lounge/cox-cable-guideacting-up-for-everyone-strange-titles/57811142/ http://forums.cox.com/forum_home/tv_forum/f/4/t/6453.aspx
- Why can,t i get an answer....t v station change on its on, i call 18882699693 or 18553078210 they don,t have no answer the same were i go too pay my $182.00 a month. Who run cox what a bad T V station, why can,t you fix this an answer please. I,ll be moving on too another program. Days date 9/22/16. (station change on too another station)
- After they switched over to the "NEW" and NOT improved service (digital, I think) I could not watch a whole program without it going out several times during the show time. I also LOST all of the channels that I had previous to that and when we inquired about it, they had no answer. They also recommended restarting it. So we restarted, and restarted and finally gave up, as it didn't do any good. I called, stopped by to talk to someone, called some more....... The whole time we were paying an outrageous bill for "service"? and there was no service. I had to constantly re-boot the computer to use it. Finally....... they sent someone out! I thought I would be able to watch TV! NOPE! He just gave us some jibber jabber that didn't make any sense and then added $$$ dollar signs to our bill if we wanted it "fixed" and he left us to our non service/but full payment status! That was the final straw...... I stopped paying (since I had no service to pay for) and now they are sending me bills like crazy "after" shutting me off! When will we get "choices" for services that actually work? It seems that we are dealing with a "Monopoly" (which is actually illegal).... Since they don't offer another "comparable" service in our area, we are stuck using COX or nothing...... Either way is pretty much the same results. The only difference is that we pay over $150 a month for Little to nothing with COX and the "complete nothing" is FREE...... Am I disgusted???? Oh, *** no! It's waaaay beyond that!
- for the last couple of weeks i have had some tiling happening on my cw mp on demand channel. i would reset the connection which seemed to make it better but now i can't even access the channel. Now all that shows up for the last couple of days is "this program is currently unavailable" when i select the channel. Any thoughts?