Cox Support Forums Usage Guidelines
Cox provides the Support Forums as a service to its customers and non customers to help them obtain support, exchange ideas and get information relating to Cox products and services. The Support Forums are here for the enjoyment and benefit of all members and is accessible to the general public. Like any public forum, there are some basic guidelines and rules that all participants are expected to observe to maximize everyone’s experience.
If you plan to participate in the Cox Support Forums, please review the following guidelines as well as the Cox Support Forums Terms and Conditions of Use
- Productive Posts and Discussions - The Support Forums are designed to provide a place for Cox customers to obtain help from and offer help to other Cox customers. If you are looking for direct support from Cox please visit Support.Cox.com
- Relevant Posts and Discussions - For the benefit of other Cox customers please ensure you posts and discussions stay on topic. The Support Forums has been provided for the specific purpose of making it possible for Cox customers to help each other in using and supporting Cox products and services. Please refrain from discussing personal matters, abusing any company or product, or, in general, from posting in a manner unrelated to the direct resolution of issues expected in the support of Cox products and services.
- Be Courteous - All users want to have a positive experience while on the Support Forums. Please make sure that you are not detracting from any other user's experience. Refrain from posting anything unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable or injurious to third parties. Personal attacks and/or harassment are not acceptable across any part of the Support Forums.
- Keep it Legal - It is unacceptable to post any material (i) that would or may infringe on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party, (ii) that contain computer code or files that are designed to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software or hardware, or (iii) that is deemed to be illegal by any local, state, federal, or international law.
- Be Careful – The Cox Support Forums are about sharing ideas and working together. Most Cox customers will be happy to share their knowledge and experience. However, please note that that their advice is not endorsed by Cox so please be aware that you are responsible for deciding whether or not to act on information that you receive through the Support Forums. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other members of the Support Forums, such as an account number, address, password or credit card number.
- No Spam - The Support Forums has been provided as a service to Cox customers and is not intended for the promotion of third party services, products, websites, or organizations. Please do not post any content that would constitute or could be construed to be advertising, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation.
- Avatars and Signatures - The Support Forums provides all members with the ability to use a personalized signature. Generally, a signature is used to provide other members and guests with your name, business, and in some cases a closing statement, quote or funny remark that encapsulates your personality or personalizes the message. A selection of Avatars is available and you also have the ability to add your own. This is an important part of creating your personality in the Support Forums. Signatures and Avatars that are deemed inappropriate based on content can and will be removed by the Cox Support Forums Moderators. Any offenses may lead to individual disabling of these features and/or banning of the individual user from the Cox Support Forums.
- Getting Help - There is always help available if you need it, particularly if you are new to the Support Forums and are unsure about anything. Just ask one of the Support Forums Moderators who are always happy to help members with their queries.
- Enforcing Usage Guidelines - Cox retains the right to alter content and limit access to the Support Forums. Cox retains the right, at its sole discretion, to remove material that, in Cox's sole judgment, does not comply with the current Usage Guidelines, or that is otherwise inappropriate for the Support Forums, harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. Moderators may take any action they deem necessary in their own judgment to support the Usage Guidelines, and, in general, prohibit content that can detract from the experience of other users or the purpose of the Support Forums. Such actions may include editing or deleting material and banning individual users. Violation of the Usage Guidelines or other terms could result in the suspension or termination of your access to these services. If your account is suspended, you will not be able to sign in.