Forum Discussion

KenKK
Contributor
11 months ago
Solved

Roku, Firestick, etc app app in lieu of cable box

Can I have an update when COX will offer an app for a Ruko, Firestick, etc  to

watch cable TV programming in lieu of expensive per box rental fee.

Spectrum, Xfinity, and most recently I am reading Comcast.

now offers an app. 

Surprised COX is trailing the other cable companies.

Ken

• I have to ask,  what is the problem?  I just got back from visiting relatives in Florida.

They have Spectrum Cable.   They have had the app on their TV for a few years.  

Their summer home is in Virginia where they have Xfinity.   Also have had an app for

their Roku TVs.   The app works perfectly in both places.   It can't be the technology

as other States offer it yet in Rhode Island you don't .   I have been asking for this

app since the first time I watched TV on a Roku TV or one of their Roku sticks.

With people leaving cable tv everyday moving to streaming you would think COX would

do whatever it takes to hold on to their customers by letting them save money on what

already is outrageously expensive.     Help me understand what the problem is.

Ken

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Ken, I understand how important it is to be able to view TV programming on your selected device. While I don't have any information about when the Cox Contour App will be available for Roku or Firestick, I can tell you that we're still working behind the scenes to bring Contour to additional devices. Earlier this year we launched the Contour App on Apple TV devices! Thank you for your post! -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      KenKK
      Contributor

I would think the Firestick and Roku would be far more popular than the Apple TV devices and

I am a little disappointed, considering other cable companies for years have at least

offered their equivalent to Contour, on a Roku.  I have seen and installed it for friends

when visiting them  who use Spectrum Cable and I have to say it works great and saves them cable box rental fees.  I have read Comcast, Xfinity also have

an app for Roku and I believe the more popular Firestick device too.   With cable bills get

so expensive I would have thought COX would be a leader helping their customers and prevent

them from cutting the cord.  I recently had to cancel all my movie channels due to a high monthly bill.

Ken

KenKK
      Contributor

I have to ask,  what is the problem?  I just got back from visiting relatives in Florida.

They have Spectrum Cable.   They have had the app on their TV for a few years.  

Their summer home is in Virginia where they have Xfinity.   Also have had an app for

their Roku TVs.   The app works perfectly in both places.   It can't be the technology

as other States offer it yet in Rhode Island you don't .   I have been asking for this

app since the first time I watched TV on a Roku TV or one of their Roku sticks.

With people leaving cable tv everyday moving to streaming you would think COX would

do whatever it takes to hold on to their customers by letting them save money on what

already is outrageously expensive.     Help me understand what the problem is.

Ken

MichaelJ

Hi Ken,

I understand how frustrating it can be when waiting for a feature to be added that you are looking forward to. I apologize that I don't have any information about when the Cox Contour App will be available for Roku or Firestick,

Thank you for your patience, 

Mike

Cox Support Forums Moderator

KenKK
        Contributor

Can you at least look into what the delay is as well as tell them if Specturm and Xifinity can and have offered this for several years there is no excuse or prefer letting customers believe they

are not technical competent or have no interest in saving customers money on rental

boxes which should be free since you can't watch TV without it.

Ken