Forum Discussion

Will389
New Contributor II
11 months ago

Samsung TV and Cox remote XR15 flaky

I have a Samsung UN49NUB00FX2A which works sometimes with the remote. I have spent hours on the phone with support. My last go around after trying 3 or four different remotes and giving up resulted in hours later returning from dinner out the remote magically working. WTH, then it stops working whenever it chooses. The TV isn't that old and my wife, who is not happy wants to buy a new TV as she watches TV when going to bed. So I'll spend $$$ for what a $30.00 remote. All Cox can do is send another remote. The Samsung remote works fine, but not as convenient as the Cox remote (when it works).

So am I the only one with issues

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

What is the remote sometimes not doing?  The Cox remote only controls a few commands on a TV:  power, volume, mute and HDMI Input.

Will389
      New Contributor II

it stops controlling the sound volume. I assume mute as well. It will also be unable to turn the TV off.

Just last night it stopped working, I tried this morning and it was working again. The Samsung remote works fine. 

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Is the LED on the remote green or red? Trying to see if the remote is in RF mode or IR mode. My guess is there is some kind of interference with the remote that comes and goes.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Nevermind. I misunderstood. I thought the cable function was not working, not the TV function.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I can only state the obvious.  Good batteries?  Is the IR receiver on the TV smudge-free?  Have your tried other codes to pair the TV?

Will389
      New Contributor II

Tried 5 different brand new remotes, Samsung remote works fine. And yes I know the other codes almost verbatim. So I "pair" the two, it doesn't work, 5 hours later it works. My wife stated it stopped working last night, this morning it works..She is not a happy camper, which in turn makes my life troublesome. Is it the TV or is it the remote? or something else? But what?  

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

The problem is only power and volume?  Explain your setup...soundbar, stereo, etc?

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

This is weird.  TV remote works all the time, but the Cox remote works some of the time.

After swapping the remote five times, a complete stab in the dark would be to ensure your HDMI-CEC settings are disabled.

Contour:  Contour button > Settings (gear icon) > Device Settings > Power Preferences > HDMI Device Control

Samsung calls it Anynet.

I've noticed Contour can sometimes sluggishly respond to inputs, so perhaps this is the reason for "some of the time."

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

An Observation. I have a SAMSUNG 65-Inch Class QLED Q70A Series, and a SAMSUNG HWQ60T / 887276390505/887276390505 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer, and sometimes they get confused with each other. You would think that both being samsung they would work together flawlessly, but nooooooooo.