Forum Discussion

Lynne_A
New Contributor
10 months ago

Fast forward jumps to end of recording

For the past few months I've noticed when I either have live TV paused or am watching something recorded, if I fast forward it will sometimes jump to the end of the recording or back to the "end" of the live show.

Today I paused a game on live TV for about 10-15 minutes, pressed play and it started glitching and froze, then suddenly it was playing from the current live show and not from where I had paused it.

I've also noticed sometimes when I try to fast forward, the play button will no longer work and it will just keep fast forwarding until it catches up to the live show or until it gets to the end of the recording. Occasionally when this happens, if I've pushed play/pause a bunch trying to get it to work, it will eventually register all those button presses and freak out. I've tried changing the batteries on my remote and that didn't help.

Anyone have any recommendations, or should I get a new contour box?

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Lynne_A,

We'd be happy to investigate this issue and address your concerns; however, we will need some additional information in order to do so. Please email our team at Cox.Help@cox.com with this post, your full name, and your complete address. You can also DM us on Twitter (twitter.com/CoxHelp) or message us on Facebook (facebook.com/coxcommunications).

Maria
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Speedskater
    New Contributor III

This is just one of the many dumb tricks of the new mini Contour box. going from' fast forward' to 'play' of a recording (or sometimes a live show, it may jump to the begining or end.