Forum Discussion

Billy_Bob
New Contributor
12 months ago
Solved

Contour box need to be plugged in?

My master TV finally died after 18 years of service. In preparation for the replacement TV, I unplugged my Cox Cable Contour device. The next day my other TVs died also. Is there a connection between the device disconnection and the loss of cable TV elsewhere in the house?

• If the other TVs aren't damaged but have no signal, they probably use client boxes that require the host Contour box you unplugged to be plugged in and connected.  Power off all boxes.  Reboot the host first.  When that finishes, power on the client boxes, one at a time.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

If the other TVs aren't damaged but have no signal, they probably use client boxes that require the host Contour box you unplugged to be plugged in and connected.  Power off all boxes.  Reboot the host first.  When that finishes, power on the client boxes, one at a time.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Could you inform me which boxes use this technique? I thought only Whole Home DVRs used MoCA for DVR service to the client box. I didn't know it actually used the host box to stream TV. 

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

When you say the TV died, can you explain? Does it power on? Does it show the menu/settings? If two TV's broke in the house at the same time I would guess you had a surge somewhere that damaged both. Any recent storm or power outage?

::edit:: Removed incorrect information.