Forum Discussion

barbk3
New Contributor
12 months ago

DVR stops recording Jeopardy

I do not have the Contour box, I have the other one that we have had for some time.  All my other shows record fine.  Recently - it has stopped recording Jeopardy night time.  If I reset the box it will work for a week or so and then stops again and says it was unable to record it.  This is the same whether I set it for series or for manual.  It is only this show.  I have tried adjusting the series priority as well.  Nothing helps except resetting the box and that does not last.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

What model DVR do you have? See here for a full list with pictures. I assume it is Trio UI. If so, have you checked the DVR lost and found?

• @Barbk3, I've gone through this experience with Cox TV boxes before, so I apologize for the frustration this has caused. Check your Series Recordings list to see if there are multiple series recordings programmed for Jeopardy. I had trouble recording NOVA several years ago. I found 3 series recordings with the same settings programmed in my series recordings list. Try these steps: delete all series recordings that you have set up for Jeopardy and then unplug the power from the cable box for 30 seconds. Plug it back in and give the box 15-20 minutes to complete its reboot cycle. Then check your DVR Series Recordings list again. Once you've confirmed that the list doesn't have any series recordings for Jeopardy set up, use the Guide to set up a new series recording. If this doesn't fix the issue, it may be time to replace the cable box. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator