Forum Discussion

jpop
New Contributor
2 years ago

Paramount+

Multiple support chats, works on one box not on the other, 

Error Code: APPS-04036

Spoke with Paramount, they claim it's a box specific issue.  Cox doesn't seem to want to do anything but kick the can down the road.  Other notes suggest it's an issue specific to the Xfinity box Cox licenses.  

I really don't care who's problem it is, but I send the biggest check every month to Cox, so it can be their problem one way or another.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Cable-boxes aren't good streamers.

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Bring the box to a cox solution store and exchange it. 

ProudVet
    New Contributor

We are having the same issue with our Paramount Plus on our Cox Cable box.  We just got this new box less than a year ago, because we had the cloud box and the TV kept going black every few minutes while trying to watch TV or streaming, so we got ride of the new box and got the old type of Contour box back.  So this should not be happening and I am not willing to switch boxes again less than a year after a getting a new one.  Cox needs to get this fixed.  We spend way to much money on Cable for this to be happening.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Agree.  Try to duplicate the issue on another device.  If you don't have a standalone streamer, test the app on your SmartTV.

ChrisJ2
      Hi, ProudVet. I'm so sorry for the issues with Paramount+ and I want to help. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We really want to get you back up and running. Chris - Cox Support Forum Moderator