Forum Discussion

Olga
New Contributor
2 years ago

LG TV turns on saying "Input signal not found"...grrrr

I've reset the TV to manufacturer settings, ensured the TV auto-turns on cable box via HDMI. I've gotten a new cable box and new HDMI cable. I've tried both of the HDMI ports. It works once the cable box is manually turned off and on, but overnight it shuts down again and in the AM, won't work again. What can be done to make it easier for a senior citizen to just turn the ON/OFF button and have the cable TV work?

9 Replies

Olga
      New Contributor

Thanks - but I have no other devices enables except the cable box. And I want to turn on cable box. It was off before and worked even worse than it does now.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Do you need the TV to turn on the cable box?  After you pair the Cox remote to the TV, the remote will turn on the TV.

Olga
      New Contributor

I actually have EasyMote (for seniors) paired to the Cox remote. The on button should turn on the TV and cable box together. It only works if the box has been on for a while. Otherwise I get the No signal message.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Are you sure the cable box gets powered off?  I thought most of these model remained powered for updates.

Lovemylab
    Contributor III

I think the notes from WiderMouthOpen and Bruce are going to be helpful.

I'll observe that I have one television (networked) that periodically just gets completely out of synch and I've found the best approach for that specific device is to just power down, unplug, let it sit 30 seconds, plug it in, and power it back up. Since the power is a little awkward to get to, I just added a Kasa TP Link Smart Plug which integrates with my Google Home. This means I can just use the Google Assistant and say "Hey Google, Bar TV off" and "Hey Google, Bar TV on" to take care of the issue. I'm experimenting with a variety of mechanisms to improve automation and control, not because I need them now, but so I am in a good position down the road to stay in our home as long as possible. Those Smart Plugs are a handy way to deal with "legacy devices" that may need a power reset from time to time. 

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Good idea. I know someone that used a dumb plug(just had a rotating timer on it) to power down their modem and router every Sunday at 2AM. I know because I used to game with them if it had disconnected us mid-game once or twice.

Olga
      New Contributor

Thanks - I need something simple to use for a senior citizen. One button for on / off. Hoping Cox has someone that understand the issue.