Forum Discussion

JoeFromSD
New Contributor
2 years ago

Video And Audio Not Synced

Video And Audio Not Synced, why is this still happening after so many years? Is there Anything I can do at my end to correct this?

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Try this

1. Press Contour button

2. Select settings (icon al the way to the right).

3. Select Device Setting

4.Select Audio

5. Select HDMI Audio Output:

6.Change from Auto Detect (Dolby Digital 5.1) to Expert mode

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Power the cable box down, replace cable wire, replace any splitters or barrel connecters you can reach, verify all connections, power up. That normally corrects most problems, if not, you may need a service call. 

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III
    why is this still happening after so many years?

Your audio has been out-of-sync for years?  Since your initial installation?

Explain your setup.  To what device is your cable-box connected...TV, Audio-Video Receiver, Soundbar, etc?

You should select PCM on the cable-box for your audio.

PJS2
    Contributor

I find turning my TV (not the Contour box)  off and back on resolves the problem.  Samsung seems to have a real problem with this, Sony not so much.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

I have a problem with my Samsung TV's audio falling out of sync, even with on board apps. A full power cycle by pulling the power cord out and waiting 10 seconds before reconnecting is needed. I didn't know it was a known problem. Any work arounds? I checked and there were no firmware updates available. 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

What mode is your TV processing audio?  Since it only has two speakers, it should only be Stereo.