Forum Discussion

oat
New Contributor III
11 years ago

beIN sports launch mid-Dec in all areas, except AR and ID in Jan

Attention to those wanting beIN Sports:
This is what I got from San Diego Cox GM via email:

"I am the General Manager of Cox Communications in San Diego. I was forwarded your e mail and have some good news. beIN sports is being added to our line up on December 12. It was just announced."
David Bialis

So one can only assume that the agreement will be nationwide. Sorry if I have only the launch date for the San Diego area.

I am fully aware that this is a technical forum but so many posts in the past were asking for beIN that i just had to let you know.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

Thanks for the info. I know a couple people here have already asked about it. 

Domino
    Valued Contributor III

Legal notice posted by Cox in the SD Union:

""NOTICE Cox Communications announces the following change to the channel lineup in our San Diego North and South service areas. Effective on or about December 12, 2013, Cox Communications California will launch the following channels: beIN Sports (ch. 448/1448) and beIN Sports en Español (ch. 447/1447). In addition, programming on ch. 125 will change from CornerstoneTV to Revenue Frontier and programming on ch. 197 will change from Cornerstone TV to Canella. Televisions and other consumer owned devices equipped with a CableCARD may require a two way capable device or digital receiver in order to receive all programming options offered by Cox."

Channel 447 and 448 would put it immediately after the "Latino Pak" in SD. It remains to be seen which "Pak" they will be a part of.

KipK
    Valued Contributor II

Yes, we're (finally) launching beIN Sport everywhere. 

I've put together a quick little chart of the information I have available at this point. Channel numbers aren't yet available everywhere, but (tentative) dates are. This is thrown together from a half-dozen memos from all regions, so it's subject to change, not sanctioned by marketing, might get me yelled at, etc. But I figured people here would want this info ASAP. 

Region - Date - Pak required - Area, beIn channel #-beIn en Espanol channel#

Northeast (Connecticut, Cleveland, Rhode Island) - 12/10/2013 - Sports Pak 2 or Latino Pak/El Mix

California - 12/12/2013 - Sports & Info Pak or Latino Pak/El Mix - Orange County, 376/1376-377/1377; Palos Verdes, 437/1437-436/1436; San Diego, 448/1448-447/1447; Santa Barbara, 392/1392-391/1391

Central (Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska) - 12/17/2013 - Sports Pak 2 or Latino Pak/El Mix - Oklahoma(OKC and Tulsa), 240+482/1347-241+481/1348

Southeast (Florida, Georgia, Louisiana) - Sports Pak 2 or Latino Pak/El Mix

Virginia - 12/17/2013 - Sports & Info Pak or Latino Pak/El Mix - Hampton Roads, 183/1183-184/1184; 

Southwest (Arizona, Nevada) - 12/18/2013 - Sports & Info Pak or Latino Pak/El Mix

Central (Arkansas, Idaho) - January - Sports Pak 2 or Latino Pak/El Mix

oat
    New Contributor III

Thanks for your efforts and your honesty there Kip.

I also hope you don't get yelled out for informing your customers. You are well aware that some of us have been quite vocal about getting beIN. So thanks again and have a good Thanksgiving.