Forum Discussion

Baps
New Contributor
2 years ago

Handicap remote

I am handicapped.  Is there a remote with bigger buttons for Contour DVR?

9 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Cox may be able to send you a Big Button remote.  From their Frequently Asked Question section:

How do I request a large button remote?

We’ve created an alternative big button remote to enable all our customers to have the same great experience with our products. To request a big button remote, call our Specialized Accessibility Support Center at 1-888-266-1304.

More information here...

www.cox.com/.../accessibility.html

EDIT:  I'm sorry.  I forgot you have trouble speaking.  You could send an email to cox.help@cox.com and a rep should forward your request to the correct dept.  Include your full name and complete address in the email.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Do you have a tablet? If so, try out their web remote. Or if you prefer, there is the Contour Big Button Remote
    (81-1031) found here. I believe you can pick one up at a Cox store but you may want to call first.  Use this link to find the nearest store.

Baps
      New Contributor

Thank you.  I will check at the store.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Do you find the Voice command on the remote ineffective?

Baps
      New Contributor

I have trouble speaking so I can’t use that feature.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Hi Doris. Do you know if they carry the big remotes at Cox stores or do you have to order one? Can OP request one through email?

Allan
        @WiderMouthOpen, To receive a big button remote, you will need to request that one be shipped to you since they are not currently available at at our retail stores. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.