Forum Discussion

sjt
New Contributor
2 years ago

Picture freezes for a couple seconds

Picture freezes for a couple seconds, then pixelates in a block like form, then back to normal. Have rebooted box a couple times, still happening. Thoughts?

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

In the Search box at the top of this page, type signal issue and press Enter.

Or, you could search for schedule a tech visit.  Either selection should work.

• Hello Sjt,

I am so sorry to hear that you are having tiling trouble. I can imagine how frustrating this would be. The blocks that you described are usually a sign of signal issues. First, I recommend checking the connections. You can do this by following the steps below.

1. Check the connections to ensure they are all secured and the cables are undamaged.
    2. If you are using a splitter, bypass it by connecting the coaxial cable directly from the wall outlet to the cable box.
    3. If you are using an amplifier in the home, check that it is secured and the light is lit to the AC adapter.
    4. Powercycle the cable box by unplugging the power for 30 seconds and reconnecting it.

If you continue to have trouble we would need to look into this further and may even need to have a technician out to help resolve the tiling issue. Please feel free to email my team at cox.help@cox.com with your name, address, and a link to this thread.

Tiffany R.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      sjt
      New Contributor

Is it possible this only happens in the evening?  Does the neighborhood use, likely more at night, have an impact on signal strength?  

Allan
        @Sjt, If the signals to your home are already degraded, then prime time viewing hours could significantly impact your experience with the service. I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this concern to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    ats73
    New Contributor

I think this is a larger issue with Cox that they have yet to address.  Not only do I have this issue on all my TVs, I also see the distorted picture on the Cox contour website on the computer.  So that eliminates the boxes themselves as the problem.  I also recently went to a local auto repair shop and they had the same problem on their TV.  I think Cox needs to do an overhaul on their infrastructure.

TiffanyR
      Hello Ats73,

I am sorry that you are having this issue on your TV and the Contour website as well. Usually, if the issue is happening on just the TV, that can be tracked back to a signal issue. However, if the issue is a particular channel and is happening everywhere locally, then that may point to a feed issue. This could be on our end or the feed that we are receiving from the network. We would be happy to look into it for you. Can you email my team at cox.help@cox.com with your name, address, a link to this thread, and the channels that are affected?

Tiffany R.
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
        ats73
        New Contributor

Thank you for the response.  Good to know about the feed. I mostly seen the pixelation on CNN and also local CT channels 3 (WFSB) and 6 (WTIC).  Is there a way that Cox can determine signal feed strength?  Have other cable providers reported similar issues?

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a problem with the feed. Does it effect all channels?

ats73
        New Contributor

I’ve only seen it on a few channels. Primarily CNN but also a couple of local Ct channels, 3 and 6.