Forum Discussion

Desert_Rat
New Contributor III
2 years ago
Solved

Tuning Adapters Rebooting

Two days ago, Cox installed two of the new high-low frequency tuning adapters to stop the constant rebooting of the old units. They are much smaller and so far have not had any issues.

I would like to thank Cox for expediting the acquisition and installation of these new adapters. I understand that this is part of a test to see if they solve the issues that plagued the older TA's. I am confident that when all of the testing is complete they will roll these new units out to the customers affected by the rebooting issue subject to supply and demand.

Thank you to the Executive Relations people for putting up with all my complaining over the last six months. Perhaps it did help to do so, or not, but the end result is what counts.

Nevada_1K
    2 years ago

I've been posting about the TA issue for several months in the Tivo Community Forum.  I noted there earlier this month that I was advised by the Cox escalation techs I was in contact with that a "fix" to the Cisco Tuning Adapter constantly rebooting and dropping the TiVo connection was being tested by both Cox personnel and a select number of TiVo users.  I was told the testing was anticipated to last at least two months, through December and January. 

A comment that if "the fix" was determined to resolve the problem, it would likely result in a firmware update to the Cisco TA's.  There was no reference to the possibility there might be an entirely different model TA as "the fix".

Here's hoping Desert Rat will provide us with more info.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Nevada_1K
    New Contributor II

@Desert Rat - could you advise what market you are in, and as WiderMouthOpen asked, the make/model number of the new TA. A picture would also be great. Thank you.

Nevada_1K
        New Contributor II

@WiderMouthOpen - It's possible Cox may have required Desert Rat to sign a non-disclosure agreement in order to test the new Tuning Adapter.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Could you include a picture or model number of the new TA? Any differences besides size and performance?

• Excellent news and thanks for posting.  My own battle is quickly approaching its first birthday.  Lately I just gave up and lived without the channels managed by the TA.  Hopefully the end is in sight.

I think I'll all Cox and remind them my TA still isn't working.  I suspect they just closed the original tickets.

old_pueblo
    New Contributor

I am in the Tucson market. Tivo Premiere XL. TA re-booting more & more frequently. Tech brought out same old box. Now will not work at all. Called Tivo & was told lots of calls re same. Fwdg my info, working on prob, will em when solution. I’m gonna talk to techs about this new smaller box being tested & see what response i get!

old_pueblo
    New Contributor

I am in the Tucson market. Tivo Premiere XL. TA re-booting more & more frequently (5-6x day). Tech brought out same old TA. Same problem, light flashing & unabL to get SDV chnLs, The TA seems to be not supported at all now. Called Tivo & was told lots of calls re same. Told fwdg my info & they are working on prob, will em with updates. I’m gonna talk to cox ‘TA techs” again! about this new smaller box being tested & see what response i get! Thank you so much for this hopeful update!