New Contributor
2 years ago

Paramount +

Paramount + will not load. Was told cox needs to fix 

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    saintrj
    New Contributor

Paramount Plus won't load on my main contour box. It gets part way and then times out and. I get an error APPS 04036. Says to reboot. Rebooting doesn't help. After an hour with support was told to contact Paramount

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

I would swap the box out at the Cox Solutions Store, or setup a tc and have a tech come and swap it, then verify it's working properly. 

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

For those not in the know, a TC is a trouble call AKA a appointment with a technician. ðŸ˜€

• Hello Pcarol,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble with Paramount +. I have not been able to duplicate the issue. Are you having trouble loading it on the Contour Cable box, website, or app? What error message are you receiving? If no error, at what point is it not working?

Tiffany R.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Contour is the Xfinity X1 platform, and Cox only licenses it from Comcast.

It appears Paramount Plus and X1 have been glitchy since October.  I'm surprised there hasn't been more reports of this glitch.  Perhaps it's specific on certain models of cable-boxes.

forums.xfinity.com/.../635646392ff2c6658901446c

Danijoh69
      New Contributor

Exact same thing happens every time I try to bring up Paramount +, same code, etc. 

• Same problem.  Resent "deer in headlight" response from phone support.  Chat and live chat are worse than useless. 

ChrisJ2
      Hi, Daniel. I'm really sorry for your experience with Paramount+. If this is the app built into the Contour receiver, have you attempted the System Refresh option from the remote? Press the A button and right arrow over to it. Bear in mind that it may cause you to have to re-log in to Amazon Prime and other apps. I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if it fixes the issue for you.

Chris

Cox Forum Moderator