Forum Discussion

Danijoh69
New Contributor
2 years ago

New Contour remote question

I have the newer Contour remote that have much fewer buttons than older Contour remote. On this newer remote how do I go back a few seconds when I fast forward too far? Also how do I read a program description if it is too long to be shown in the small space? I really don’t like this remote!!

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

What's the make/model of the remote?

I don't know about the fast forward and rewind but Contour has Scrolling Text for descriptions.

Contour button (gear icon) > Preferences > General > Scrolling Text (On)

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

When you got the new remote, did you also change from Cox TV to Contour?  The seven second skip back and the "Guide Animation" setting, to read long program descriptions, are both features of Cox TV that may not be available with Contour.  But, for either Cox TV or Contour, the ability to view long program descriptions would be controlled by a setting.  Your cable box remote would provide the ability to navigate to that setting.

If you have Cox TV, this will enable "Guide Animation" to scroll long program descriptions.

Settings > Guide Options > Other Settings > Guide Animation > On

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III
      Cox TV

Is this the Mini Box?

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

No.  "Cox TV" is the name on Cox's website for what some people still call Contour 1.  It's the same platform as before, but the word "Contour" is no longer on any screen.  "COX" is in the lower left of the Guide, Settings, DVR List and On DEMAND screens and at the top when the MENU button is pressed. 

Mini Box is "Interactive Guide".