Forum Discussion

veeves
New Contributor
2 years ago

Contour performance

I find contour to be very slow. taking up to ten seconds to change a channel. Does anyone else find this to be the case?

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello Veeves,

You should not have this much of a delay when changing the channel. I would recommend a couple of steps to see if we can help improve the delay. First, when you have a chance, can you check the connections to ensure they are all secured and the cables are undamaged? Next, if you are using a splitter, can you bypass it by connecting the Coaxial cable directly from the outlet to the cable box? Then if you are using an amplifier in the home, can you check that its cables are secured and the light is lit to the AC adapter? Finally, I would try power cycling the cable box by unplugging the power for 30 seconds and then reconnecting it. Please let us know the results.

Tiffany R.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      PJS2
      Contributor

You might also check the batteries in the remote.

Parrothead
      New Contributor III

I have the same problem and have tried all the suggestions that apply to me, nothing helps. I exchanged the contour box a while ago for the same reason and I don't want to do that again because I lose everything I've recorded. It really seems like a problem with Cox.

Parrothead
    New Contributor III

This has been happening to us for a while now and I'm really sick of it. Sometimes when watching something on the DVR, it just decides to start the show over. Then if I try to fast forward to the point I was at before it restarted, it won't stop until the end. The DVR has been a big problem for a while now and I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

If it's slow changing channels it could indicate an issue with the levels going to the box. How many cable outlets do you have in the home, and if you have more than you are using, you need to verify they are not connected. Unnecessary splitters reduce levels and could have something to do with the issue you are having. If not, then you may want to replace your splitters and cables that you can get to, to ensure you have good connections all around. If that's doesn't help, then a service call may be in order. 

gsc331
    New Contributor III

Contour is terrible. About once week it freezes and the only way to fix it is to reboot.

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

Contour isn't the issue. I had contour and contour 2 and had zero issues, but I have a good signla to the home, and only 3 connections in the home.