Forum Discussion

GregoryF
New Contributor
2 years ago

Video freezes/audio lagging/latency suspected

I’ve experienced video freezing, audio lag since July this year. Several tickets opened and finally a tech was sent to troubleshoot. He found rust on the copper conductor inside of cable coming into my house. He believed this caused the problems. However, after he left the problems persisted. The video freezing/audio lag mainly occurs after 6:30 PM. The problems, in my opinion, indicate high latency during a certain timeframe. I pay for this service but Cox can’t or won’t resolve it to my satisfaction. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, what did you do?

1 Reply

• Hello Gregory,

I am truly sorry to hear that you have been experiencing video freezing and audio lag. Many times this is caused by a signal issue. High latency issues tend to impact internet service more so than cable services. I would be happy to look into this and help get to the bottom of these ongoing issues. We want you to enjoy our services and understand that is hard to do when you have consistent trouble. When you have an opportunity, can you email my team at cox.help@cox.com with your name and address?

Tiffany R.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator