New Contributor
2 years ago

failed to download image

This comes up on my tv what is it

failed to download image Give us a call

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Ptamom,
    Hi, I am sorry to hear that you are receiving this message on your TV. I know how important it is to have reliable cable service and I want to help.

I think some additional details may help the Forum members and the moderators troubleshoot this issue:
    - Are you using a TV App to stream content?
    - What is the model of the cable box that you are using?
    - Does the message come on during viewing or are you not able to see a picture at all?
    - Does this issue happen on all channels?
    - Does this issue happen on all TVs?

Thank you for being patient and thank you for being a valued customer. I appreciate your loyalty and again thank you for choosing Cox.

Mike J.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator

ptamom
      New Contributor

Hi it just in one tv, no picture, can’t change channel 

I don’t know the model of the cable box 

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

There are a few complaints on this on the Xfinity forum but the threads end without any resolve.  I suspect either the discrepancy eventually resolved itself or the subscribers had replaced their cable-boxes.

The most-involved response from Xfinity"

"Hi there. That's a pretty unique error message/code that we don't see too often. It seems like the box may have missed a firmware update. If resetting the box didn't work, another option is doing a system refresh through our My Account app. If that doesn't work, let us know. We may need to manually force some signals through to the equipment" (XfinityMorgan, 2022)

One subscriber followed the recommendation, nothing, replaced box.

ptamom
      New Contributor

Hi we did a reset and a system refresh and did not work 

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Is this box new?  If not, had you changed anything recently as far as audio/video?

ptamom
      New Contributor

It’s not a new box, did not change anything 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I don't know how far "Failed to Download Image" is in the operational sequence of a cable-box.  Perhaps its a specific frequency on the network affecting downloads.

Is the cable-box connected to a coaxial-cable splitter?  If so, could you directly connect the cable-box to the coaxial wall-outlet?  If your Internet modem is also on this potential splitter, you'll lose Internet service until your reconnect its splitter.