Forum Discussion

JRIC
New Contributor
2 years ago

error code on TV, XRE 03134 and XRE-03059

I've been getting these errors constantly now. For around 6 months. I've called and they tell me to reboot the Contour box. Sometimes they will send a signal to reboot box. And normally it goes back to working. BUT, it's frustrating to have to constantly do this. It normally happens when I'm taping a sports show. and watching the DVR recording. The recording will stop mid-show and even though the recording shows there's most show recorded, it won't let me go past that point. Even if I restart recording. And then if I try to go to the live show, I get the error Code 03059, telling me there's a problem on Cox's end and to try another channel. The other channels work fine. So I end up missing the rest of the sports event. Very frustrating and happened last night and again this morning during the Golf's President Cup. I contacted Cox and they rebooted my box but I missed an hour of the show. Earlier this week I replaced the Contour Box because I thought maybe that was the problem but it wasn't. I think there's a problem with the Cox TV Cable in the neighborhood. Anybody have this problem?

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Try re-seating all coax connections, or possibly replace the coax from the wall to the box. If after that you are still having issues, call cox, and get a tech out. You may want to consider the Cox Complete Care, because if the issues is found to be a wiring/connector issue after the Demarcation point, usually an audit box outside the home, then without the CCC, you may get charged for the technician. If the problem however is the delivery of service up to the home, then Cox will repair at no charge. It's definitely a signal issue, but WHERE it is, that requires a tech to figure out. 

• Hi JRIC. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator