Forum Discussion

markdarmer
New Contributor
2 years ago

DVR Recordings Freeze

Our Contour DVR freezes when playing back a recorded program.  We have reset the box multiple times and checked he connections and it still freezes and will not allow the rest of the show (even though it shows it fully recorded) to be played.  It does not do it with all shows and is not specific to any particular set of shows, it is random.  Trying to use one of the other non-dvr boxes for play back results in the same issue.  Do we need to replace the box?

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Do you ever see pixalation while watching live TV?  Does the freeze always occur at the same place in a given recorded program?  This issue can occur when there is a signal issue.  It may appear random, but can sometimes be for just a few channels.  Make note of channels recorded for programs that freeze during playback. It could be helpful in diagnosing your issue.  If a recorded program is pixalating when it freezes, try playback in slow motion through the bad portion.  

markdarmer
      New Contributor

It does it randomly throughout the recording.  It does pixelate but sound either continues or cuts out.  If you try to fast forward it still freezes, etc.

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @Markdarmer,

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. CurtB asked whether you are experiencing this when watching live TV. Have you checked the coax connection to make sure all ends are hand-tight? Also is there a splitter or attenuator connected to the coax cable?

Jonathan J
        Cox Moderator

• Are you watching programs through my window cause I have the exact same thing and the technicians can’t find anything wrong. We’ve used new wires, check the connections, unplugged and plugged back, had them reset 

Allan
      @Nonehappycustomer, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this issue to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator