Forum Discussion

Bkewl
New Contributor
2 years ago

Volume Issue from Slave/Mini Box

Hello! We've been having an issue with our Volume for about 1-2 months now. It's not a major issue and it's easily fixed by simply changing the channel then turning it back to the channel we were currently watching. Don't get me wrong, it's highly annoying, specially if we've paused the program and have to change the channel to get the volume back, given we lose where we were at during the TV Show/Movie if it's something that's not been recorded...

So far we've tried:

-Tightening all the cables

-Replaced all cables

-Reset SAP(why not)

-Reset Cable Boxes and Modem(thru cox.com & by unplugging, waiting 10 seconds, plugging back in)

This issue is 100% random and our boxes aren't old at all... I think we changed them out within the last 6 months. Sometimes we might go a week without any issues, sometimes we have to change the channel and turn it back to get the sound back 3-4 times during one 30 minute TV show. Also I do not believe we've ever had the volume issue while using the Cox Receiver when using the streaming services like Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, ect.  Also, it is only an issue with 2 of 3 our Cox Receivers. This might be useless information, but receiver closest to our Panoramic Modem seems to be the receiver that this happens the most often to and the receiver is about 10ft away from the modem. The other receiver that loses volume is about 20-25ft from the modem. But the fix for both TV's are the same, change the change and pow, volumes back!

I figured I'd post this issue here in case anyone else is having the same issue and Support has a way to fix this issue without having to call in to Cox to get this corrected. If anyone else has had this problem or knows the fix for this, let me know! 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello Bkewl, Are you experiencing this sound issue on a specific channel or random channels? Also, is this happening on live programming such as sports or all programming? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.