Forum Discussion

Bruce
Honored Contributor III
2 years ago

Free Preview of HBO & Cinemax

The Contour screensaver reports a free preview of HBO Max; however, another source reports HBO (channels), HBO Max and Cinemax.

Begins:  Tuesday, September 6, 2022
Ends:  Saturday, September 10, 2022

7 Replies

• I apologize for the confusion, Bruce. The free preview includes HBO and Cinemax linear channels and video On Demand, 9/06/22 - 9/10/22. The HBO Max app is not included in the free preview. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

I notice that on the screensaver.  The ad on Contour is emblazoned with HBO Max but in its tiny font, "Access to the HBO Max app is not included in the Free Preview."  What does this mean?  How would subscribers with a Contour box see the free preview of "HBO Max"? 

For a communications company, your marketing doesn't communicate very well.

DavidA2
        Former Moderator
        To access the free preview content, you can either go directly to HBO channels or through the On Demand menu. If customers do not know which channel HBO is on for the area, they can refer to our channel lineup guide using this link. www.cox.com/.../channel-lineup.html . Please make sure to update the area where you are located in the top right corner.

David
        Cox Forums Moderator
    Mtc
    New Contributor

Why has Cox disabled the record function on the free preview channels? You used to be able to DVR record anything on those regular channels during the free preview to watch later, now it says record function not available and must subscribe to record. That is what a DVR is for, to be able to watch things that you are unable to watch "live".   When was the record function disabled and why?  It greatly reduces the appeal to have a free preview. 

DavidA2
      Former Moderator
      @Mtc,

The response that WiderMouthOpen provided is accurate. The free preview is only meant to be for the set time frame. That is why the recording option is disabled for those channels during that time frame. I understand where you are coming from though and I will gladly provide your feedback to our video team.

David
      Cox Forums Moderator
        MissB
        New Contributor

I was able to record movies on Showtime on my contour DVR box when there was the free weekend Showtime preview with Cox in May.I was able to watch them months later too. Interesting that now Cox won’t let you record any movies during the Free Preview.