Forum Discussion

MomBCT
New Contributor
2 years ago

All dvr shows gone August 2022

Not sure what happened. I noticed that all of my recorded shows were gone last week and not in recently deleted category. Dvr was only at 20% full. Started to record a few scheduled shows again but yesterday everything was gone again. Spoke with a technician who said there was trouble in the area but offered no real assistance. Is this going to keep happening? Do I need a new DVR? Can I recover my shows?

3 Replies

DavidA2
    Former Moderator
    Hi MomBCT,

I am sorry to hear that has been happening. It sounds as though you may have a defective box. If you'd like, you can swap that out at one of our local stores. If you would like to go through some troubleshooting steps with us, please feel free to email us at Cox.help@cox.com with your address and a link to this thread.

David
    Cox Forums Moderator
      Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Do Cox Solution Stores still stock boxes with storage drives?  It appears there's a push for Cloud Storage.  Binge-watching all your recordings in spectacular high-def shouldn't exceed your data cap, right?

DavidA2
        Former Moderator
        Hi Bruce,

Our local stores do still stock DVR boxes and binge watching should cause excess data usage either.

David
        Cox Forums Moderator