Forum Discussion

ci1551
New Contributor
2 years ago

Upgraded to Tivo Edge M-card issues on Cox servers

Our last TiVo finally bit the dust and we ended up getting a Tivo edge. I called into tech support to move the m-card over to the new Tivo and was told it would take anywhere from 15 minutes to two hours for everything to show, no problem easy call.  One day later only channels 2-11 and the PBS stations are showing up, did a chat session with cox tech we went through the script- nothing worked.  I tried to tell them what happened last time we had this problem a year and half ago, six techs come out, ended up calling Atlanta and it ended up being the data and id numbers are not the same as what is in the Cox system. Long story short after the forth customer service chat got a tech to come out.  He didn't even hook anything up, I told what happened last time he immediately called tech support read the numbers and sure enough they were different.  They changed them and bam all channels like it should be for 10 minutes enough time for him to leave.  Now I am in the same situation error "call cable company" V58 error on almost all channels.  Chatted with tech support and she would not listen, just kept reading from the script so we went through the whole thing then she went silent.  Frustrated at this point, I started another chat session went started to go through the script again and I said just schedule a tech which after some more questions they did.  We will see in a couple of days since they don't have an opening until then.

5 Replies

Andrew_Wees
    Contributor III

if it happened after you got them to correct the numbers it not a confguration issue

ci1551
      New Contributor

the data number changed from what the tech read to when it quit decoding ten minutes later

ci1551
    New Contributor

update 2:  Tech came out told him the story, so he called in and the data number was all zeros on cox's end. Got the numbers fixed and TV has been working ok since. He also ran a test on the lines and said the low channels were in the red, replaced the amplifier and now the low channels are good but the high channels are red.  Glad he didnt cancel the appointment so it is logged now.

Dagi
    New Contributor II

All - I will put this in a couple of posts about TiVo, Cable Card and Tuning Adaptor issues. About 5 weeks ago my TiVo did not get any live TV anymore. Tuning adapter and Cable Card could not be found by TiVo. After swapping out cards, TAs and even a brand new TiVo it turns out TiVo needs a specific frequency 110.25 in order to be able to work. For whatever reason that frequency was gone on my cable. Once that was turned back on - tata..everything worked again. 

Thank you Cox Support for sticking with me and all the troubleshooting. 

reyerbrandt
    New Contributor II

I went through the same trouble because of defective cable cards.

It's like a poker game and requires luck of the draw just to get a pair (pun intended).