Forum Discussion

CoxFatherInLaw
New Contributor
2 years ago

Formula 1 Recording Issue

Why are Formula 1 Racing events not listed as a series, so I can set a recording for the whole series. I used to be able to do this. Now I cannot. Who can I contact to get this fixed?

5 Replies

• Hi CoxFatherInLaw. Thanks for reaching out to us. I am sorry that you are having an issue recording the Formula 1 Racing events. I was able to record this event and see that it is set to record for the next few Sundays. Do you get an error message when you tried to record it? Please send me any information you have that you see that shows that this event isn't recording every week. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      CoxFatherInLaw
      New Contributor

LisaH. Thanks for the reply.  The show "Formula 1: Grand Prix Sunday" is set up in the guide as a series.  It is the pre-race show.  However, there are also the actual racing events, which are listed as "Formula 1 Racing - ...".  This weekend there are five events/shows listed as: "Formula 1 Racing - France Grand Prix, ..." on channels 55, 56, and 246 here in Northern Virginia.  It has from time to time been possible to set all "Formula 1 Racing" events to record as a series. You could set up "Formula 1 Racing" one time as a series like you can set "Formula 1: Grand Prix Sunday" or the Nationals baseball games, and all of the future events would be scheduled to record.  At present, at least for the next two weeks, this is not possible and I must search for all the shows on the three channels to set the recording.  Sorry, I was not this succinct about the issue in my first post.  I do appreciate the reply and you looking into this.

Since2000
    New Contributor II

The French GP I could not get the Practice sessions to record!! I have it set for recording all of them and after it failed to record the first two sessions, I checked the third, not showing it would record. I reset and still would not show the third session. I set it as a single show to record and it still failed to record. If Cox is going to fail to deliver, for not the first time, I will switch to another provider. Formula 1 is one of the only reasons I even have cable these days. Stop what ever intern you have tagging things messing things up and provide the service for more than just NASCAR fans.

DavidA2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Since2000,

I am terribly sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with recording Formula 1 practice sessions. Do you get a specific error code when trying to record? We want to get this addressed for you.

David
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
      BimmerMan
      New Contributor II

Are you aware some practices are shown on ESPNU?