Forum Discussion

missouri61
New Contributor
2 years ago

all my DVR shows gone - June 2022

Last night - all of my DVR recorded shows disappeared. NO, they are not in the deleted shows at the bottom. Everything is gone - except for a few new shows that recorded last night. I only had 57% of my capacity that was used - so it wasn't because I was over limit. When I called COX last night - they had a recording that mentioned this issue. So I know they are aware. But, How do I get my shows back. Why did this happen. Why am I paying for this service - if they can just delete them all at any time. I am a "NANA," so I have many favorites saved for my grandchildren. WHY - WHAT- HOW? Are they going to fix this -- if not - will I get some type of credit -- VERY UPSET!!!!!!!!!

8 Replies

DavidA2
    Former Moderator
    Hi missouri61,

I am sorry to hear that your recordings are now missing. We would be happy to review the account with you. To do that, we ask that you email us at Cox.help@cox.com with your service address and a link to this thread.

David
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      mama2bear
      New Contributor

I have the exact same issue happen..had almost 300 shows 54% full,  last night they all disappeared..not in the deleted at the bottom of the screen. i did a reboot of the box nothing changed..the current recordings from last night and today are there. i contacted technical support just now they stated the box had an internal reset which lost the recorded shows..i asked what causes an internal reset..answer...the weekly system update...really now I have to worry that on any given week i could lose everything again..try explaining this to TWIN 5 year olds that all their favorite shows are gone...their solution/compensation $10 that's the best they could do....

Allan
        @Mama2bear, I recommend sending un an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this issue so we can look into it on your behalf. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    Matt_J
    New Contributor

I also all my COX DVR recorded shows yesterday (July 2, 2022) also!

Terrace
      New Contributor

I lost all my DVR recordings on 7/3/22. What happened?

EricaW
        Former Moderator
        Hi. I know we expect to have our recordings remain in place. To allow us to review matters, please email cox.help@cox.com with your full name, home address and a link to this thread. We look forward to assisting in any way we can.
        Erica, Cox Forums Moderator
      EricaW
      Former Moderator
      I'm sorry to hear that your recordings are no longer available. We would be happy to review matters for you. To begin, please email us at Cox.help@cox.com with your service address and a link to this thread.
      Erica, Cox Forums Moderator
    AZDesert
    New Contributor

I, too, have this same issue.  This is the 3rd time this month (7/22) that my saved programs have been entirely deleted. Obviously this can't be all of our DVR boxes suddenly malfunctioning. This is Cox issue. It happened again last night.  

COX, WE NEED YOUR HELP.  WE PAY FOR THIS SERVICE AND IT ISN'T BEING PROVIDED.