Forum Discussion

Sushi2528
New Contributor
3 years ago

Sound not synced with my Contour TV and Samsung TV and sound bar

In a previous post someone said to go to TV sound expert settings and change digital output audio to PCM instead of auto.  When I did this it fixed the audio matching the sound but now my Samsung sound bar isn't working.  Can someone please help me.

4 Replies

DavidA2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Sushi2528,

I am sorry to hear that your sound bar isn't working since making that change. Unfortunately, we are not trained to troubleshoot sound bars here as it is not part of our service. You may want to consider reaching out to the manufacturer of the sound bar. I am sorry we couldn't help you with that directly.

David
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I'll assume cable-box is connected to TV with HDMI.  Then another HDMI from TV to soundbar.  Do you have HDMI-ARC or HDMI-eARC port from TV?  TV configured for external speakers?  TV audio also PCM?

Sushi2528
      New Contributor

It is hooked up as your thought.  My son took a look at it and now the sound bar is working.  What does PCM stand for (just curious).  Thanks for your help.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

PCM is the raw digital data of audio before converting into a file format, such as WAV, MP3, FLAC, etc and for Home Theater, such as 3.1, 5.1, 7.1, etc.  Basically, keeping your audio PCM at the cable-box and TV allows your soundbar to process the PCM data.

Cable-boxes and TV sets do not process audio well so just leave it PCM and allow something designed to process audio process the audio.