Forum Discussion

JeffinLouisiana
Contributor
3 years ago

Mini boxes time change

Some of the mini boxes aren't showing the correct time after the time change.   It shows 7 instead of 8 for example.  I restarted it, called tech support.  They couldn't  figure it out either.  Maybe they need a firmware upgrade.

9 Replies

• Hi JeffinLouisiana,

I had to restart my mini box a couple of times to get it to reset the time. But we are aware that some mini boxes do not upate the time after a restart. We have reported the issue and are awaiting a resolution.

Thank you,

Mike J.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Is the correct time a feature of the Mini Box?

Allan
        Hello Bruce. While the mini boxes do not have an external clock, they do have an internal one that correlates with the guide. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      JeffinLouisiana
      Contributor

It is resolved.   Today around 1pm evertything rebooted  Could have been coincidence that maintainence was in the area today.   Probably two different things going on at the same time.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

When I unplugged my mini-box for a few seconds a couple of times, the guide time didn't correct.  But, when I left it unplugged for a few hours, the time was correct when I plugged it back in.  I'm not sure how long it needs to be unplugged, but it's somewhere between a few seconds and a few hours.  For anyone still having this issue, unless you're just not going to use it for a while anyway, as was my case, I'd probably suggest unplugging it for a couple of minutes.

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @CurtB

Thank you for providing the information.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
      Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

I wonder if there is a BIOS in these things without a battery.  There might be a rectifier in it to keep it timed for a few hours and once it depletes, resort to a network sync.  Weird how it doesn't correct for DST.