Forum Discussion

wew
New Contributor
3 years ago

Why was “720p On All Channels” locked?

This is a valid issue for TiVo users. What is the solution?

7 Replies

wew
    New Contributor

Tulsa. All channels were downgraded from 1080i to 720p. Just like Phoenix. Why??

and this was for TiVo only?  Cox cable box still receives 1080i?

what is the truth and why have all the Forums dealing with this issue been locked?

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      @Wew
      Have you tried to reset your tuning adapter?

Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
        wew
        New Contributor

Seriosly Ben?  I have 5 TiVos in Tulsa and have probably reset the Tuning adapters a dozen times each since this began. The issue started several months ago when Cox changed their channel lineup and began broadcasting in a different format. A Cox tech spent two days at my house before giving up. 
        The bottom line is Cox now sends a 720 signal to their cable cards and a 1080 signal to their own set top boxes. 
        kinda makes your latest HD TV worthless. 

• 720p60 h264 only in San Diego as well, with the 30 second added transcoding delay throwing all the recordings off. The old mpeg-2 streams were basically mpeg-ts streams forwarded, so you could see whatever bitrate the stream originated from whatever network it was being sourced from, or OTA from locals. Now everything is consistent 6Mbps. This has pushed me to Hulu which is 1080p h265 at 5Mbps across the board on my Apple TV 4K, and I use the CBS, Freacock, TBS etc apps with Cox sign in for whatever is not on Hulu.  I also have OTA card now in my PC, so that handles locals and live. As soon as the elderly person I take care of passes, dropping everything but internet service for $85 a month and will be spending a lot less for Hulu $7, Peacock $5, and Paramount+ $5 which gets me everything I watch on Cox for $200 a month in 720p, and the OTA card with 4 tuners is obviously free for live. I don't factor things like Netflix Disney Apple TV + into my cord cutting math because those are streaming only.

wew
      New Contributor

30 days and no response from Cox for my simple question. 

DavidA2
        Former Moderator
        Wew,

I understand your concern. What TiVo device do you have that you are seeing the issue with? Certain adapters are no longer compatible since we have made changes to that system.

David
        Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • Omaha has 720P also with Tivo.  Have 2 boxes both the same.  Now I have a notice that Video on Demand is no longer going to be available on cable cards for Tivo.    It would be helpful if Cox could provide a site where Tivo Q&A could be developed.  

Again, why is tivo running 720p signals?  thank you