Forum Discussion

Bruce
Honored Contributor III
3 years ago

Contour Screensaver

I'm not being political so don't shutdown my post.

There appears to be a lot of images promoting Beijing on the Contour screensaver.  The images are not promoting...or even relative...to the upcoming Olympics but instead historic sites within Beijing.

• Being National Stadium
• China CCTV Building
• Temple of Heaven
• The Forbidden City
• Zhengyang Gate

Then there is 1 image for Black History Month.

I understand the 2022 Olympics are in Beijing but shouldn't Cox be promoting the athletes, other competing countries and...I don't know...Team USA?

The images are beautiful and well-taken but it just seems odd there are images of China revolving on my TV screen.  Again, the images are not promoting the Olympics but instead Beijing.

USA!...USA!...USA!  🇺🇸

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    cindy_h
    New Contributor

My guess is that Cox's screensaver creator is not creative.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Did you get HBO Max to work?

cindy_h
        New Contributor

Hi Bruce,  Yes, Cox asked me to send some pix of my problem and a link to this thread, and to my great astonishment, the hbomax app on Contour suddenly works!  I'm sure that your ideas were helpful to them.  Thanks to you!

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I had presumed China consumed 100% of the Landscape images on the Contour screensaver because of the Olympics; however, the 2022 Olympics had ended 5 days ago.

Five days ago, Cox did remove the NBC image ("Say, 'NBC'") but preserved the China awareness, history and cultural images.

The Landscape images used to be of countries all over the world.  Now, it's just 1 country.  Just 1 country.  And there are no landscapes.  Just buildings.  Cox Landscapes are just photos of buildings in China.