Forum Discussion

Pawnee76
New Contributor
3 years ago

Constant Outages

For a month now, we have experienced intermittent outages that have lasted anywhere between 3 to 36 hours.  This typically occurs when a cold front with high winds is moving into the area.  I have had techs out to the house three times over the last month and nothing lasts as a permanent fix.  The last visit was 6 days ago and I held out hope that this resolved the issue.  The tech who arrived that day advised that the issue lay with the neighborhood device that regulates temperature and that he would escalate the matter.  The cable worked fine ... until this morning.  We once again are experiencing a disruption to service.  And not surprisingly, this is coinciding with a day where temps are falling and the winds are strong.  This is beyond frustrating to lose cable for hours at a time when I pay $200 a month for cable alone.  I chose cable over a dish because cable is supposed to be much less impacted by weather.  Yet this seems to be far from the case now and has me contemplating a change.  

1 Reply

DavidA2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Pawnee76,

I am sorry to hear that you seem to be having trouble when the temperatures drop in your area. That isn't the experience we want you to have with us. Please feel free to email us at Cox.help@cox.com with your service address and a link to this forum thread. We would be happy to review the account with you.

David
    Cox Support Forum Moderator